How HIPPY Works
- Great Potentials Foundation holds the contract for HIPPY NZ and oversees the funding, programme delivery and management of local HIPPY sites.
- Each Site is staffed by a HIPPY coordinator and a team of Tutors.
- HIPPY Tutors are past or current parents participating in the programme who live in the local community. Tutors are paid employees and receive training.
- Parents and children enrol in the programme in the year before the child commences formal school and participate in the programme for 2 years.
- Tutors maintain regular contact with parents, supporting them in the family’s home as they work through the programme.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in fortnightly group meetings which are facilitated by the site Coordinator with the assistance of their Tutors.
- The first year of HIPPY provides children with activities which support pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills.
- The second year extends these activities and provides additional information about children’s learning and development for parents and carers.
- Role-play is used by home tutors to facilitate parental understanding of how to do the activities.
CallPlus Charity Golf Day
An enjoyable day was had by all those who participated in our annual fundraising Golf Day on Thursday 31st October 2013 at Titirangi Golf Course. This year we raised over $20,000 for our MATES Junior programme – a fantastic result.
Congratulations to Callagher & Co. on winning the tournament and the Carter’s Cup, with special thanks to John Carter for donating the Carters Cup to the winners to keep this year.
Heartfelt thanks to our event sponsor CallPlus, whose support not only ensured the tournament went ahead, but also ensured everyone had a fantastic day. Nine CallPlus teams played in the event, helping us reach a record of 26 teams playing in the tournament.
Click here for the tournament results.
ANNUAL REPORT 2011-2012
Great Potentials’ Annual Report 2011-2012 is now available. Click here to read the report and learn more about the Foundation’s activities over the last period.
For a copy of the printed report, please contact us.