How HIPPY Works
- Great Potentials Foundation holds the contract for HIPPY NZ and oversees the funding, programme delivery and management of local HIPPY sites.
- Each Site is staffed by a HIPPY coordinator and a team of Tutors.
- HIPPY Tutors are past or current parents participating in the programme who live in the local community. Tutors are paid employees and receive training.
- Parents and children enrol in the programme in the year before the child commences formal school and participate in the programme for 2 years.
- Tutors maintain regular contact with parents, supporting them in the family’s home as they work through the programme.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in fortnightly group meetings which are facilitated by the site Coordinator with the assistance of their Tutors.
- The first year of HIPPY provides children with activities which support pre-literacy and pre-numeracy skills.
- The second year extends these activities and provides additional information about children’s learning and development for parents and carers.
- Role-play is used by home tutors to facilitate parental understanding of how to do the activities.
For all the latest HIPPY news, check out our HIPPY Update
Marilyns Hairdressing Charity Event
On the 7th April, Marilyns Hairdressing held a chairty event with all proceeds going to Great Potentials. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the event, we are thrilled to announce that over $5000 was raised! See more photos from the day on our Facebook page.
ANNUAL REPORT 2011-2012
Great Potentials’ Annual Report 2011-2012 is now available. Click here to read the report and learn more about the Foundation’s activities over the last period.
For a copy of the printed report, please contact us.